Saturday 21 July 2012

One thing that surprised me during the lesson

One thing that surprised silly me during the lesson was that I found out that I can't really solve fractions pictorially. First, I never learned how to do Math pictorially anyway. Second, I realized that no matter how big the diagrams I drew were or how big I opened up my eyes, I still could not see the solution to the problem. Solving fractions using the methods I have learned in school did not take a lot of my time and a lot of my brain power because I could do it well and I did not have to see any reason behind it. But now, I see the importance of seeing the reason behind things and I realize that drilling methods into the children's minds would not work because they need to have the concrete and pictorial experiences first.

No comments:

Post a Comment